Learn how to install and use WhatsApp on your Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Fire HDX, and Fire HD 6 & 7. The popular messaging app is not available in the Amazon marketplace. Fortunately, we can “sideload” the app directly to the Kindle Fire. The term “sideload” means to manually install an app to the device.
Install WhatsApp to the Kindle Fire, HD, & HDX
Allow Installation of Applications from Unknown Sources
For the Kindle Fire (First Gen) and Kindle Fire HD:
1. Go to Settings > Device
2. Enable “Allow Installation of Applications”
For the Kindle Fire HDX and Fire HD 6 & 7:
1. Go to Settings > Security
2. Enable “Apps from Unknown Sources”
Download and Install
1. Open the Silk browser and download the latest WhatsApp installation file here.
2. After the file is done downloading, go to the Download folder and install the file.